Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Scrawlrbox - May 2016



Time for Scrawlrbox!!





I love getting my Scrawlrbox every month. This is my third box and it, as usual, doesn't disappoint. This month's topic is Hand-Lettering

I am in the processing of choosing the right Calligraphy course to sign up for so this box was perfect for me, I know that you can get fonts to use that are Calligraphy styled but there's nothing better than hand written Calligraphy.
The featured artist this month is Stephen Bradbury who is a Graphic Designer from Manchester UK. He's currently at the University of Salford in Manchester studying Graphic Design. His website address is www.stebradburydesign.co.uk where you can find some examples of his work and some hand-lettering guides to download to help with spacing and letter size, the Scrawlrbox design in the box is by Stephen .


So... what's in the box?

  • 2 A5 sheets of Hand-Lettering Guide Lines
  • Pentel Touch Pen – mine is Blue
  • Sharpie Chisel Tip Whiteboard Marker – Black
  • Kuretake Zig Brush H2O – Large Tip
  • Kuretake Cartoonist Brush Pen No.22 – Black
  • Koh-I-Noor 2 Watercolours – Gold and Silver
  • 2 x Lyra Aqua Brush Duo Tips – I have Orange and Red
  • Refreshers sweet.











Every month there is a challenge in the box and the challenge this month.....

Write Scrawlrbox


Here is Stephen Bradbury's take on the challenge





I will post my own challenge results once I have one done.  If you don't subscribe to Scrawlrbox you can find out all about them HERE



Thank you for reading, take care and have a great rest of the week.






No comments:

Post a Comment